Need a lawn service? Highly rated lawn care providers explain the cost of service and what’s included — and what’s not — to help you make an informed decision.
Find Top-Rated Milwaukee Lawn Services
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Lawn Services to Avoid
Top Rated Lawn Services
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 5,954 reviews for
Milwaukee Lawn Services from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Lawn Services and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Milwaukee
Artificial grass can decrease the time you spend on lawn maintenance and increase longevity, but how does its price compare to regular grass?
It’s time to “think outside the bed” for your next landscaping project.
On this episode of Chat with the Experts, we talk with Dave Fuss of Sunblest Lawn Care Basics about how to prepare your yard for the spring and summer months.
How to Get Rid of Springtails
One of the most effective ways to control springtails is to dry out the infested area. Springtails require a high-moisture environment to breed and thrive, living mostly off of algaes that grow in moist conditions. They will either leave the infested area or die out. If there is an infestation that cannot be controlled by drying out the infested area, use an appropriately labeled insecticide with a residual time These will typically be a liquid concentrate form, a wet-able powder form, or a dust product. DO NOT APPLY UNTIL AREAS ARE DRY. If area will not dry naturally, use Corn Starch to soak-up any lingering moisture and otherwise 'steer' any rain water or irrigation away from area.
Also, if there is a noticed springtail infestation around the perimeter of the structure, use the insecticide to do a barrier treatment and apply corn starch to reduce or eliminate moisture. Caulk and seal all cracks and crevices and inspect potted plants before they are brought into the house.
I would talk to your local lawn and garden supply store (or mill and feed) - NOT a box store or hardware store. There are also selective grass control chemicals. YOu can research this by Googling using search string "Tall Fescue Control" - there are lots of articles by the USDA and individual state cooperative extension services.
There is a treatment called chlorsulfuron TFC (Tall Fescue Control) that will do this - it worked for me in western New York, but took 3 years to finish out all the tall fescue. It may now be limited to use by commercial applicators - pretty potent stuff. Can yellow bluegrass or make it phytosensitive, but our looked OK during treatment because the TFC was applied in the fall for best results, and our lawn was dormant till spring anyway.
Tall fescue can also be controlled by real short mowing, but only in areas where the bluegrass is dominant and really thrives so will eventually crowd out the trimmed fescue, but you may be too far north for that.
Lawn And Yard Work reviews in Milwaukee
I explained I needed mine and my neighbors front yards raked because it is our tree that drops in their yard and I usually raked them. We walked along the side of the house and to the backyard. Again said I needed leaf removal of both of those areas as well. Additionally, I needed one last mowing. I was given what I thought was a fair price for the work needing to be done.
After the meeting I received an email with a pdf attachment from
His crew arrived and my wife greeted them and they said they were scheduled only to do the front yards. My wife explained this to me. I went out to discuss with a crew member and the gentleman said there is now way that was the estimate because "we would
His crew arrived again today (11/13/2014) and only did the front yards again. My wife called to tell me this. I immediately emailed
Contacting At Your Service was very easy and they were very quick in responding. We have been using them for several years now and will continue to use them forever. Both them. They are detailed in every aspect of the project, from the first phone call to the final walk around. Every project they have completed for us has been outstanding. They are extremely professional, detail oriented, and provide quality work in everything they do. They treated our house as it was their own. They are extremely hard working and even work in the dark, rain or shine until the job is done. We even won the Neighborhood Beautification Award in 2012 when they first started fixing up my yard.
We also have snow blowing service with them an it is also outstanding. We have an older house that has very narrow walk ways so the snoblowers don't always work. They use shovers to ensure that our grass is not damaged and it is clean down to the cement so that there is no ice build up.
I highly recommend them.
The lawn aeration and over seeding was done as the deal states, so no issues there, but I do have a couple of minor complaints:
1. The guy who was coming out was late and my girlfriend needed to leave for an appointment, they showed up literally as she was leaving, though she did not need to be there for the service, I wanted her to point out the spot where my underground downspout came out since I was unable to
2. I did not physically talk to anybody, it was all via Angie's list messaging and when I and my girlfriend did call the office when the guy was late, we did not get an answer and left messages, I still like to talk to someone if possible just to get the person behind the company and I also was interested in seeing what it would be to add fertilization to my service since I was going to do that as well.
3. I was notified via the note left at my house that the aeration and overseeding was done up to my firepit in the backyard because that was where the 10,000 sq foot cut off was for the deal, while I understand if that was where 10,000sq feet was, I would have appreciated a call or something to see if I wanted the remaining 200 or so square feet done (it would have been about 5-6 more 25ft rows with the aerator) since the whole reason I hired someone was because I tore the tendons in my shoulder the week before and could not preform it myself.
Other than that, there is not much that can be done wrong with an aeration and overseed, I just wish there would have been better contact and overall customer focus and a heads up if someone is going to be late since I stated that my girlfriend would be waiting to point out the one area in my lawn.
All Lawn Services in Milwaukee
Shop Local Lawn And Yard Work Services in Milwaukee
- LandscapersDeyong's LandscapeMember Price$195 $350VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Milwaukee.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center