Access to trusted reviews, the best Cleaning Services and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Memphis House Cleaning Articles
House Cleaning reviews in Memphis
1) Door Unlocked: I left the back door UNLOCKED as a precaution. When the cleaners called, I let them know the driveway door was unlocked, and they could let themselves in. I then had to go into a meeting for 30 minutes without my phone. During my meeting this called 4 times within a 6 minute window then left a voicemail letting me know they were leaving. The frustrating part is that they are confident they tried all doors to the house, but my sister (who does not have a key) was able to get in the house without a problem at 12:30-- she was in the house when I got home around 12:45. I'm the only one with a key, and there are only 3 doors to the house-- front, side / driveway, and back. Did they really try the doors? Were they at the wrong house? What happened here?
2) Moving in Next Day: The timing was particularly tough since I recently remodeled a bathroom, and needed the construction dust cleaned up prior to move in. I stress the importance of cleaning the construction dust when scheduling, and had movers scheduled to move furniture the next morning. I was then put in a bind to find a cleaner SAME DAY to help out prior to move in, since
Poor handling of bad situation: It's unfortunate that I was not home when the cleaners came, and that I was in a meeting when they tried to call back. However, I'm frustrated with the lack of warning, confused by how they couldn't get in the house, and upset that they were not willing to work with me to find a solution. I told
If I recall correctly, the cleaning crew was very late when they did come on the rescheduled day. The two young ladies who came both spoke Spanish, one of them spoke no English at all, the other spoke very little English. For those of you who speak no Spanish, this could be a problem. (I do speak a bit of Spanish, so this wasn't a huge issue for me.)
Once the “work” began, I found out why four man hours wasn't sufficient to clean the house by this cleaning crew. Instead of the normal approach of “divide and conquer” with each person going to a different area and rapidly cleaning, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, etc., they went to each room together, did each task together, talked and laughed constantly, broke several items (and did NOT tell me!), and took a ridiculous amount of time doing each thing in a very lackadaisical fashion. I'm disabled, weak, with numerous medical problems, and I probably could have done more than they did in the time allotted (okay, with many breaks, over several days! or weeks...), with better results. They just didn't use any “elbow grease”, didn't move very fast or efficiently, didn't get much done, and in many cases, you couldn't tell they'd even done anything in the areas “cleaned”. Needless to say, they didn't finish the basic list of tasks or even “clean” every room in the house that needed cleaning.
So you can properly evaluate
Clean both bathrooms, including all surfaces, tub, tile, floor, sink, toilet, etc.
Vacuum or sweep all hardwood floors
Damp mop hardwood floors
Sweep or vacuum, then mop kitchen floor
wipe down all surfaces in kitchen with antibacterial cleanser
Change one bed if there's time left,with linens I'd left out
What did they accomplish?
Partially sort of cleaned both bathrooms
damp mopped and swept kitchen floor
vacuumed some of the hardwood floors
wiped down the kitchen sink, but not the faucet, fixtures, counters, appliances, or anything else
Broke several items, which
I did call
I should have known there would be an issue when on the very first visit I had to call the company to tell them that although a very nice checklist of things that were done was left, that was not the case. Another crew came out the next day to clean the house so the responsiveness was quick and professional.
There seemed to always be something left undone each visit (and I continued to use them for a few months so there were lots of opportunities to ensure it wasn't a one time thing). There were times the house wasn't vacuumed or dusted when the checklist left behind specifically stated these items were done.
Each time I called to express my concerns about the unmet expectations, the person in charge of this was very responsive and polite. At the end of the day, it no longer made a difference how polite and professional I was treated,
It is also worth noting that my experience with the receptionist at tthe office was less than professional. She did not get messages correct, made appointments that could not be kept by the actual workers, and was just unprofessional and hard to talk to. If it were not for
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Cleaning Services in Memphis, TN
West Memphis, AR
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Memphis.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center