Access to trusted reviews, the best Handyman Services and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Memphis Handyman Articles
Handyman reviews in Memphis
I would like to call and set up a time to come and look at the work to be done, if possible can I get a contact number?
Hi! Sorry for the delayed response; end of the school year and I just neglected to flag your message. Call me at 901-299-2370. I will be in town now the last week of May.
My apologies for being late on getting back with you. We have sold 34 jobs and with the weather last weeks being so bad we are behind and are getting to everyone. Please be patient with us as we get to everyone.
Thanks again for your business!.
5/29/2014 (ONE WEEK LATER)
What's your estimated time for coming out to do this work?
6/6/2014 (ONE MORE WEEK LATER)
Please call me immediately at 901-299-2370 to schedule the work I have already paid your company to do--paid almost one full month ago.
NOTE: On this date, I contacted the company and threatened to publish all the details above. Two days later, I received the following note on the Angie's List e-mail system.
Tre has tried to contact you but has no luck. Here is his number 901-238-9316,
he will be more than happy to come out and take care of it for you.
is unavailable, when did you talk with him? I will find out what is
going on. I do apologize about the wait. I know how frustrating it is
when you have paid for something and then get no response. I will be on
top of this matter. the weather has played a huge role in our jobs. I am
NOTE: I have no clue who wrote the above message; however, I contacted Tre (his words: "I am
Though I appreciate the fact that
1) You charged me $125.00 for less than $30.00 worth of materials; the very idea that you would claim "cost of gas" and so on as part of that fee is absurd.
2) The plywood you used to replace what had rotted is of vastly inferior quality to what was there and the difference is obvious to even the most casual observer: the wood grain is rough and ragged as opposed to the smooth finish of the existing fascia. I have pictures of this.
3) You failed to replace the venting in the fascia, so not only do I have poorer ventilation along the roof line but also it is apparent that the vent was omitted since the others are visible.
4) The clean-up of the work areas was haphazard: there were numerous roofing nails and other demolition debris scattered about that I had to clear away. I have numerous pictures of this.
5) The repainting was slapdash as well: the edges are all uneven and it looks not at all like a professional did the work. I have pictures of this.
This is more than disappointing, Tre: it's unacceptable. I get that you are busy, I get that it has rained a lot, I get that you sold 35 jobs, etc. You're the businessman and it's up to you to make sure you have enough labor supply to meet the demand for your services, particularly if you advertised in an effort to stimulate that demand. I'd like you to contact me as soon as possible to discuss what I see as the only acceptable remedy:
1) you and your crew return to do the work again (properly this time);
2) bring with you a check for $125.00 made payable to me as recompense for having overcharged me for the materials you purchased Friday;
3) you tell me what materials need to be purchased and I will bring them to the house for your use. In exchange for this appropriate remedy, I will simply not post a review at all on Angie's List nor contact the company about
EPILOGUE: TWO DAYS LATER AND STILL NO RESPONSE.
This Memphis-based company has been helping clients beautify their homes while offering superb customer service since 2010. Get a gorgeous interior painting -- or enlist their moving services -- with this offer:• $87 ($175 value) for an interior painting for 1 room + trim for 12x12x8 room (paint not included)
• $137 ($275 value) for an interior painting for 2 rooms + trim for 12x12x8 rooms (paint not included)
• $99 ($200 value) for two hours of moving servicesWooten's Property Preservation's Website
I purchased the coupon for $137 ($275 value) for two small rooms. I contacted the company via email, explained the scope of work (two small rooms with paneling at halfway point of wall). An appointment was set up for Saturday, June 7 at 1:00. All the items had to be removed from the room which were done and we waited for Mr.
Another appointment was set up for Tuesday, June 10 at 3:00. 3:00 came, 4:00 came, 5:00 came, no Mr.
We choose not to use Mr.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Handyman Services in Memphis, TN
Horn Lake, MS
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Memphis.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center