Access to trusted reviews, the best Roofing Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Los Angeles Roofing Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Los Angeles Roofing Contractors Reviews
The company was responsive in scheduling an appointment and also with a subsequent confirmation call and email.
The inspector ( exhibited a professional manner. After inspecting the roof and taking pictures thereof, he provided a "summary of recommended repairs by item and showed me the photos he took. These photos were emailed to me later the same day. I was impressed by everything that had happened --up to this point. What I neglected to consider was that
On December 5 Flavio came mid morning (10:30) and proceeded to "clean" the gutters and roof which amounted to his blowing dirt and debris from the roof and gutters all over the house, driveway, garden and adjoining properties. When
After the gutter "cleaning"
The following day (Friday) Flavio and a helper showed up unexpectedly at 10:10; I had been told that they would come in the afternoon. The men worked for several hours on the roof. Their application of the elastomeric began to leave drips of white around the perimeter of the flat roof. When I mentioned this to Flavio, he then used masking tape to curtail the seepage.
Upon my request the leak in a downspout was sealed and then the downspout was tested to make sure it was clear of debris. I didn't think that I needed to ask them to do this, but I did.
At this point, the company believed that the job had been completed, and sent me a "thank you" e mail to that effect. I, however, was disappointed in the quality of the service and communicated my concerns to the service manager. My e-mail to the service (sent on December 8) has been appended here:
I have several concerns about the work that was done at my house on December 5th and 6th.
1) I am not certain that all downspouts are free of debris. Only one downspout was flushed with water; the others were not. 2) Because water was not run through the gutters, minor leaks were not identified and therefore not fixed. This was confirmed by Saturday's rain.
3) Not all gutter spikes were secured.
4)The elastomeric coating applied to the flat roof in the front of the house "seeped over" onto the metal edging leaving unattractive white stains which became worse with the rain.
5) Regarding the garage gutters-- I expressed concern about the possibility of the downspout(s) being clogged.
6) And, I have not received the "after" photographs as I was told I would.
Bringing this review to a close--
I did receive the "after" photos from
And last-- I was dismayed to see that my credit card had been charged for the full amount before the job was completed.
Overall, the quality of the work was not commensurate with the cost. And, the aspects of professionalism , e.g. confirmation calls and emails, etc. were not apparent in the quality of the work.
I am very impressed with Nick. He was responsive, available, took the time to explain every step, listen to any of my concerns, and develop a working relationship that conveyed integrity and trust. Although these are a couple of small examples, I think they say a lot about his work ethic and the type of person he is. In addition to cleaning up my property completely, when the job was finished, he contacted my next door neighbors to make sure there wasn't any debris next door that needed to be cleaned. In addition, I happened to mention my doorbell was broken and he immediately fixed it for me, even going to Home Depot to get one for me without charging me for it.
In short, I will absolutely use him in the future for more of the deferred maintenance projects I have; and will recommend him to friends and family. To be able to find a contractor that really cares about the quality of his work, the development of the relationship with a satisfied customer, and who is a pleasure to work with; is a wonderful resource. Nick is is a gem! I highly recommend him.
All Roofing Contractors in Los Angeles, CA
Apple Valley, CA
Mission Hills, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Newbury Park, CA
San Diego, CA