Access to trusted reviews, the best Landscapers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Los Angeles Landscaping Articles
Landscaping reviews in Los Angeles
I have read some comments about the design consultation fee, but we felt it was worth the cost. We didn't see it as a fee just to get an estimate. It was an actual design session where our designer gave us useful tips and design advice specifically for our space. We could have taken those tips and implemented them ourselves, but we liked her ideas so much we hired them to create our landscape design and implement it.
I really value the fact that their design and process is eco-friendly. Our new plants our drought tolerant with drip irrigation, they use
Like any construction project there were a few bumps along the way, but they resolved them quickly and made it right. They care about the quality of their work and want to make their customers happy. We still have more work to do on our front yard (phase 2 of our project) and won’t hesitate to hire them again.
1) The pricing is outrageously expensive for what is installed. For instance, the sprinkler controller is an inexpensive, plastic box that retails for $90. We were charged $450 by already existed. All the pricing was similarly bloated. When I received the bid, I questioned the pricing, and was told that the quality of the work and the quality of the products is worth the price and there could be no possible way to reduce the price. We went ahead thinking it would be high quality, unique products, however, it was all off the shelf, very pedestrian stuff for ridiculously marked up prices. Another example of the pricing bloat, they charged us $150 to remove house numbers they were going to reuse. They told us the old house numbers were somewhat corroded and could be replaced. We purchased new numbers, and they proposed charging us $400 to install new house numbers. We refused to pay that. It was explained that part of that fee was for
2) The final invoice ended up overcharging us by over $1,000!
3) The plantings are very underwhelming and the overall design is "nice". If you want "nice" for $35,000, you'll get it with
4) Their record keeping is atrocious. Their bookkeeper didn't record a payment and was going to re-charge us for it.
5) There is an excuse/rebuttal to any suggestion. Usually, it's that's what the drawing shows or that's what the estimate calls for or we're a small company and can't do everything. Of course if it's something they said they were going to do, and aren't, it's because they "forgot" to put it in the estimate. An example of this was on day one (I was already unhappy with the whole pricing inflexibility, but was ready to just leave that behind and get on with the job), we get home and find out that the
Now I'll get to the why we would use them again....
We would never use a contractor that attempts to steal over $1,000 through sloppy practices, deception, or dishonesty. We don't know why they over billed us, but it's not something that should have occurred if anyone at
I felt financially used by this job.
We were sent a proposal for the work the next day and since it was more than we were hoping to spend I asked whether we could talk further about some other routes we could take (not removing all the DG, doing irrigation for the lawn and the trees but not the garden, etc) and
At the end of the day my wife and decided we could live with things as they were for a while and wait till we felt more comfortable spending the money. That said, when/if we do decide to tackle the backyard, we'd certainly consider calling
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Landscapers in Los Angeles, CA
Westlake Village, CA
Santa Barbara, CA
Lake Arrowhead, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Newbury Park, CA
West Hills, CA
Sherman Oaks, CA
San Fernando, ca
El Segundo, CA
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Los Angeles.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center