Access to trusted reviews, the best Landscapers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Kansas City Landscaping Articles
Landscaping reviews in Kansas City
Once we decided on the project,
The team dug out and removed excess dirt from the hillside and installed a new stone retaining wall.
They put in the plants, mulched around them and kept us informed about progress.
I had SEVERAL issues working with
1. On the lighting, there were several wires left exposed and on the side of the house the new wiring system was not even tacked appropriately to my house. I was stretched out across my WATER FAUCET (this is a live electrical wire) and the wire was stretched so tight that it was up off the ground. Then it was just laying on the ground with no attempt to cover it.
2. Two of my lights were broken as they were shoved into the ground. We discovered this as we were going back through and fixing all of their errors.
3. One of my other lights is already not working. We are going to have to replace it and it has only been there for about a month. This is the second light that has stopped working so far.
4. The lights in the back were not tightened down properly so that the would continue to shine on the same area. The heads were so loose that they just flopped all over the place. We had to tighten that ourselves.
5. They left a big pile of extension cords all in the middle of the backyard. They could even be bothered to
6. Three large bags of our expensive mulch went missing from our backyard. I don't think they took them purposefully, I think they just thought they were theirs. They should have been paying attention to what was theirs and what was ours.
7. One of the lights in the front was placed right in the middle of a bunch of large plants. Essentially, this means it shines nowhere and we are going to have to move it.
8. They addressed some issues with my front porch but after a second opinion we found out they used the wrong kind of filler. We are having it redone.
10. The fountain in the water feature they put in my backyard was not installed and set correctly and it keeps falling over. We are going to just purchase an entirely new and larger fountain and set it in better ourselves.
11. I asked him to tack rope lighting to a large tree in my backyard and they simply bought a couple rope lights and strung them around the tree sloppily and they completely slid down. We already addressed this and tacked them to the tree ourselves. Although I'm sure
******12. When the work was completed (according to them, I hadn't even seen it yet)
13. I explained to
He is VERY patronizing and argumentative over text/email/phone. He talks back to the customers. I've literally never seen anything like it from ANYONE I've ever worked with. If the customer is unhappy, and as long as it is within reason, the company should bend over backwards to make it better. I don't think asking him to replace broken lights, hide wires that can trip people, and fix electrical wiring problems near a water source is that unreasonable.
I asked for an itemized receipt and he has yet to produce anything. The only invoice he gave me simply stated what he charged and what I paid.
DO NOT EVER HIRE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND THE WORK IS MEDIOCRE AT BEST. THEY WILL NOT PROVIDE INVOICES AND IF THERE ARE ERRORS IN THEIR WORK PREPARE FOR THEM TO DENY THEM AND/OR TAKE WEEKS TO COME BACK AND FIX THEM. YOU WILL LIKELY WAIT FOREVER, FIX IT YOURSELF, OR HIRE SOMEONE ELSE.
He is VERY, VERY, VERY difficult to work with as a person.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Landscapers in Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, MO
Prairie Village, KS
Grain Valley, MO
Lees Summit, MO
Kansas City, Ks
Kansas City, MO
Overland Park, KS
Excelsior Springs, MO
Kansas City, MO
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Kansas City.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center