New braces? It's time to protect your expensive investment as well as practice good oral hygiene.
Find Top-Rated Hartford Orthodontists
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Orthodontists to Avoid
Top Rated Orthodontists
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 214 reviews for
Hartford Orthodontists from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Orthodontists and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Instant Community AccessAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Hartford
YouTube can be a great teacher when it comes to baking the perfect pie or building a bookshelf.
To improve their smile, many adults choose to wear braces. But how much are braces? Cost varies by type, among other factors.
Self conscious about that gap between your teeth? It can be fixed — for a price.
If you chose to go the other way, some Prosthodontists will place and restore the implants themselves. In other cases, an Oral Surgeon or Periodontist will place the implant and a Prosthodontist or General Dentist restores it. Fees can vary quite a bit from office to office and with the different options for restorative materials. Some offer free consultations, for others, they charge a fee that might be applied to any future treatment in some cases.
The first step is to schedule a few consultations with different providers, which it sounds like you've already done.
The most important factors when deciding which practitioner to work with:
.1. You should feel comfortable asking your doctor any questions so that you have a good understanding of the procedure itself, healing time and long-terem outcome, and possible complications. Write down a list of questions and take them with you to the consultation.
2. Ask about the experience of the practitioner. How many similiar procedures have they completed? Have they had any major complications with any cases? Ask to see photos if possible.
3..Figure out if it works out better for your schedule, to go to a "one stop" provider or to separate providers for the placement and the restoration of the implants.
4. Follow your instincts. If you feel rushed, didn't get direct answers to your questions, didn't communicate well or had any other negative feelings, this probably isn't the doctor for you.
5. Consider insurance coverage and financing options. If your dental plan covers implants and it is important to you to use a preferred provider, you will want to check your list. Many times, insurance does not cover implants, or at least not all of the steps. You may want to inquire about payment and financing options.
I hope this at least helps you feel a little less confused and a little more directed. Please don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of further help.
Beth L. Gehring,DDS, PC
816 NW Vesper
Blue Springs, Mo 64015
Orthodonture reviews in Hartford
Where normally the physician or doctor would be reviewed, this is for all persons at because the entire team there at all times went out of their way to make every visit helpful, efficient, fun and personal. Their attitude and ...MoreRead more of this review professionalism were second to none, and the care give was top notch, in all honesty any profession could learn from the caliber and dedication, attentiveness to the patient and quality of work. This group is absolutely amazing from the persons at the front desk to the physicians doing the work. We thank this team for making this difficult time with braces an amazing experience in care and quality, thank you.”
So when my daughter lost her retainers a second time I about had a heart attack! That's when I turned to the internet. When I found Clear Retain I was excited, but pretty skeptical at the same time because it seemed too good to be true. A new retainer for only $89.00? I don't know. So I gave them a call. I was even less impressed because they didn't even answer my call! I was moving on. However, 5 minutes later they did called back. I spoke with and he did a great job answering all my questions and relieving most of my doubts. So I placed an order.
Two days later I received their "impression kit". We watched the tutorial video and followed the written instructions. It was fairly easy to take the molds of my daughters teeth (which surprised me, I thought it would be more difficult). We then shipped back the molds and one week later we had our new retainers! Overall I was impressed. I think they could maybe be more responsive when answering their phones, but the service is really great. Bottom line I received new retainers for my daughter and it didn't break the bank! So I saved a good chunk of money, didn't have to pull my daughter from school, and was able to do everything from home. I definitely recommend these guys to anyone who needs new retainers.”
Orthodontists in Hartford
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Hartford.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center