Find Top-Rated Detroit Camera Repair Shops
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Camera Repair Shops to Avoid
Top Rated Camera Repair Shops
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 1,818 reviews for
Detroit Camera Repair Shops from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Camera Repair Shops and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Detroit
Camera Repair reviews in Detroit
Did they use non-manufacturer parts?
They sure contacted me to follow up to get my business, but once they got it have I heard from them?
I'll look to someone else in the future.
I had a fairly large amount of Super 8mm film that I wanted to transfer to video/DVD. I knew that camera shops often perform this service, and Camera Doctor did indeed offer the service. So I had them do one large reel as a test.
There were a number of problems with the resulting video transfer:
- Their process uses an old machine to project the film and record onto videotape. Yes, VIDEOTAPE. They then convert that to DVD. The resulting quality is pretty bad. Modern shops use a "direct imaging" process to go from the film direct to digital image.
- The resulting DVD had their business name and promotional graphics covering the disc, with little space left to add my own labeling. Note that you can't stick labels onto DVDs. Other shops leave a LOT more whitespace.
- It was fairly expensive. For that price, I expect good results.
Now, they were very convenient to me (I live in the neighborhood) and so this was a good test for me. I learned what questions I needed to ask other shops that I evaluated, and I did find another shop that did an excellent job.
So, again, Camera Doctor is great for camera repair, their core business, but take your film transfer jobs elsewhere.
Camera Repair Shops in Detroit
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Detroit.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center