Access to trusted reviews, the best Interior Painters and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Dallas Interior Painting Articles
Interior Painting reviews in Dallas
Was hired to paint our kitchen cabinets (from walnut to white). Was a 2-3 day job that turned into a 3-week job which, after having his painter back twice to correct issues, we had to have another painter complete the work since we had already moved in and needed to unpack boxes. He offered to have his painter (same person that had already messed up twice), back to our home 4 days after we had moved in, and 2 weeks after originally scheduled completion date.
We requested a refund on what we spent to have a competing painter complete the job he had been hired to do – His response:
- Stopped responding to phone calls
- Never returned the half-dozen voice messages we left him over a 4 week span
- Texted notifying me had a company lawyer
- Returned (unopened) our detailed letter explaining our basis for the credit
Detailed version with complete chronology of events follows:
--- DETAILED VERSION ---
- 2/21/14 ---
- 4/4/14 ---
- 4/14/14 --- we, the homeowners, approved the $2,500 quote and it was agreed that the job would be done in a professional manner, the work would be overseen by
- 4/16/14 --- two painters from
- 4/17/14 --- at the end of the work day,
- 4/18/14 ---
- 4/19/14 ---
- 4/21/14--- homeowners met with the two painters at the property to review the second round of work done to correct initial mistakes. As was the case on 4/18/14, the work had not been completed even though
- 4/22/14 ---
- 4/29/14 --- Homeowners moved into the home and immediately began unpacking kitchen boxes and removing shelves of the cabinets in order to adjust for height. What was found was that the painters of
- 4/30/14 --- homeowners, at their own expense, contracted another company to finalize the painting work in order to be able to fully unpack the kitchen boxes and utilize the kitchen and cabinets as had been agreed with
- 5/1/14 through 5/21/14 --- homeowners called
- 5/21/14 --- homeowners sent
After numerous failed attempts at reaching him by phone during the month of May, and having not received a call back on a half dozen voice messages requesting a call back during the aforementioned time frame, we were forced to discuss this matter and request a refund by way of a letter which was sent to him via certified first class mail – he refused the letter and it was returned to us unopened.
The purpose of the letter, as was the purpose of all of the prior attempts to reach him by phone during the month of May, was to request
-- Failure of
-- Failure to complete the work in a professional manner during a first attempt and within the set timeframe
-- Failure to paint the inside of the cabinets which included behind shelves
It is by way of the letter that we, the homeowners, were requesting a refund of $500 for the failure of
I too run my own business and it is of utmost importance that both me and my employees keep customers happy, even on occasions where mistakes were made or perhaps the product delivered was not as expected. In the end, customer service is what keeps people coming back and speaking well about my business. I would have expected he run his business in a similar manner, but I was mistaken.
Overall, everything went great. At the pre-construction meeting,
We were not living in the house during the remodel, but went by weekly to check on progress. On occasion, there were smaller issues that were not done as they should have been (e.g., the way backsplash tile was cut to tie into existing). In each end every instance, we merely let
Overall experience and quality of work was great, and would definitely recommend.
do a really good job for the price. The Angie's List discount saved us a lot.
their painters in our home for a few days. We were very satisfied and would
recommend them to anyone!
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Interior Painters in Dallas, TX
Fort Worth, TX
The Colony, TX
Haltom City, TX
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Dallas.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center