Access to trusted reviews, the best Exterior Painters and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Dallas House Painting Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Dallas Exterior Painters Reviews
Three paint colors were used and we asked if they could match our existing colors which they did perfectly! We were quite satisfied with the paint used (
In a followup visit a few minor concerns were addressed quickly and courteously. Mr. Means and his crew worked closely with us, performed all work promptly, and met all of our expectations. We are very pleased with the work they did and would not hesitate to use
He fixed this problem at the time he promised, at the reasonable price he had quoted. The damage to the eave was repaired so well that I cannot now tell for certain exactly where it was.
If we develop other problems in the future, I will call him again.
We would have liked to know what amount of work could reasonably get done in the amount of time and at what cost. They were up front from the beginning that the replacement of boards might not get done, but we would have liked to have known what it would take for the whole house to have been painted.
Their administrative staff was very friendly and helpful, and the work looked great after it was all done (the one side of the house at least),but we would not use Raindago again, especially if they offered another Angie's List Big Deal. It seemed that the work we wanted done was not what they are used to doing and they must do more renovation work rather than house maintenance.
They bought decent paint, but it was satin instead of flat, so we ended up with shiny brick. I let it go. They also painted the area by the front door and the column the wrong color. I labeled the areas to be painted with sticky notes to make sure everyone was clear on what color went where, but that didn't help. A Spanish-speaking contractor was the problem. They painted the new shutters, then left them in the neighbors yard to dry overnight. The sprinklers came on at 3 a.m. So the shutters had to be repainted along with the front porch area and the column. After a dozen calls to the owner he got someone who could speak English and could run a paint crew out to make it right.
So a one-day job took four days, repeated phone calls and some pained conversations to get it right. That's it.
Several things were disappointing about this contractor's work:
1) The contractor underestimated his labor in his original bid-the contractor should have taken more time to accurately estimate his labor instead of expecting the client to pay additional fees at the end of the job. This dropped his score on price from a "B" to a "C"
2) The contractor never showed any invoices for supplies he purchased for the job (that we had agreed to reimburse to him)-He just stated we owed him "x" amount of dollars for the supplies. This dropped his score on price from a "C" to a "D"
1) The plaster work in several rooms had multiple patches of air bubbles that needed to be repaired, and a wood inlaid floor in need of restoration was "undetectably restored". This dropped his score on Quality from a "B" to a "C"
1) The contractor was hesitant to repair items on "the punch list" that were unsatisfactory to us (i.e. the air bubbles in the plaster and the wood inlaid floor). We really had to press him to finish the work after we had paid him, and he never returned the key after completing the job. This dropped his score on Responsiveness from a "B" to a "C"
In summary, When people plan a remodel on a budget, it is disheartening to work with a contractor that either can't, or won't, manage a budget for the job-"D" for professionalism
All Exterior Painters in Dallas, TX
Grand Prairie, Tx
Fort Worth, TX
River Oaks, TX