Access to trusted reviews, the best Siding Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Cleveland Siding Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Cleveland Siding Contractors Reviews
Once we accepted Alpine's bid I spoke with
The window install took place toward the end of August. During that time I asked the window contractor if
We called Alpine on Aug 24 and left a message with an office girl who said
Despite the fact that I left my own cell number each time I left a msg, on Sept 6 my wife got a call telling her that the wrong siding had been delivered but that the correct siding had been reordered and was going to be delivered to Alpine on the 18th. The 18th came and went with no contact from Alpine.
On Sept 21 we left a msg with Alpine that if we didn't hear from them by Sept 23, we were moving forward with another company. The next day my wife received a call saying the work would probably begin on Wednesday, Sept 25, but that we should call on Sept 23 to verify. We did and were told work would begin on Sept 25.
On Sept 24 my wife received a call from
With a decision in hand agreeing to the siding they had received, Alpine said they'd be at our house the next morning. Their crew showed up, introduced themselves and went to work.
In a nutshell, the job went very well, once it actually started. The house was completed with no major issues and they moved on to the shed, which required some creative solutions for certain issues. Throughout the install
So, when asked if I'd use Alpine again, I'm torn. Their work, in the final product, was of a very high quality. No workmanship issues at all, at least at this early stage after the completion of the install. I'm not an expert on siding installation, but
I met with the owner and we reviewed the job in great detail. He was very patient and answered all of my questions; we discussed may details and how to execute them. He gave me the proposal a week later, which was within the timeframe we agreed to. I could have gotten
When it came time to start the work the crew was amazingly professional and took great pride in their work. The site was always cleaned up neatly at the day's end. I was an active owner, visiting the site each day to see and comment upon what they were doing, and they always took the time to discuss with me.
There were a few instances where, despite the detailed upfront work, some changes were needed or some expectations were different. I was able to painlessly work these out with the crew and the owner, without any real change in the price. They really wanted the customer to be happy.
The result: the house looks fantastic! The colors, the siding styles, the detailing...it all came together. I wish I had done it soomer, I won't miss painting and scraping every year.
After many attempts to call and even texting them photos of the work being done, they never called me back.
They responded to every concern I raised and bent over backward to make things right. The problem was that almost every part of the job had to be done over and over again.
1.Tear down went without any problem. Was completed on time. They cleaned up all their garbage and left the items I asked them to behind.
2. Plumbing was done without any issue.
3. Ductwork/HVAC Ductwork had to be redone several times because of appearance. I wanted the soffits as small as possible
and they initially installed large rigid ducts that couldn't be
The make up return air unit couldn't be installed by the HVAC person they used although they asked him to review the unit and installation before it was ordered.
4.Carpentry. The base cabinets had to be reinstalled twice. The first time was because they were not raised high enough to accommodate the new floor. The second time was because the cabinets were not level and the stone countertop couldn't be installed. The crown molding over two of the cabinets is currently loose and pulling away from the ceiling. The floor trim looks good. Some areas are loose.
5. Stone counters were done by someone I hired that is not affiliated with
6. Flooring was also done by a company not affiliated with
7. The painting and trim was done by a subcontractor through
The walls were initially done very nicely. The damage done after they were painted had to be spackled, drywalled and repaired.
The walls never looked good after the damage was repaired. The paint and walls are now irregular and patchy. Really looks poor with the light at night. I am disappointed. It was nice but the constant "redo" work on the soffits, electric and caulking ruined the walls and the subsequent paint job.
8. Electric work was poor until they brought in an electrician.. They had carpenters do the wiring and hook up the switches and nothing worked properly. They came back to "fix" it several times and caused the damage to the walls that ruined the paint job. Finally they called the electrician who made everything work properly and also found an ungrounded plug which he grounded. ( I didn't know why my ground fault protector kept kicking in and cutting the power.) The light fixture installation was without issue.
9. Patio door. Installation of the door into the wall seems okay. The door hardware and screen installation was terrible. Couldn't understand why the door wouldn't latch, why the screen door was "off" and why the lock didn't look or feel right. The screen door was upside down and the door hardware was not installed properly. It had to be redone. One of the door hardware installers gouged and scraped my brand new cabinets.
11 Black silicone caulk was applied between counter and wall. It was sloppy and smeared. They agreed to remove and repaint. Removing the silicon (in
All Siding Contractors in Cleveland, OH
Valley City, OH
Rock Creek, OH