Access to trusted reviews, the best Lighting Companies and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Cleveland Lighting Installation Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Cleveland Lighting Companies Reviews
When I called Bill to ask him, once more, to revise the plan and down-size it a bit, he cheerfully agreed to "make it work" for us. Remember, he has to do each design again by hand. He called us back several days later with a slightly reduced plan. To our delight, he retained most of the size and features and even found a way to trim the price with a few extra discounts for "Winter work". Although we had been fortunate enough to get estimates from 2 other excellent companies, we decided
When they showed up to start work,
The early work was pretty nuts and bolts, with a lot of PVC, drainage and concrete. We were impressed that Bill often noticed problems before they happened and, just as effortlessly, had solutions for them. A big reason we hired him was because we felt confident he was not going to run into a problem he couldn't solve. He found a few (roots, old deck material, drain problems, etc.) but never disappointed us with his ability to problem-solve on the fly.
The patio installation was an event! Every detailed was passed by us as Bill,
As the patio took shape, we realized how beautiful the whole project really was. The area we have to enjoy is more than enough and we feel our house, overall, has expanded in size. When it came time for us to complete a small project (siding repair) that held up the patio completion, Bill stopped work briefly but never stopped communication with us. When the siding was done, he quickly returned (in the ice and snow) and finished the brick so we could install and use our hot tub. He even came out and
The over all cost of the project was high, but seemed in line with other estimates we received. For that price, however, we felt the quality was outstanding. Besides the service, Bill made sure the materials were the best he could find and was never satisfied with "just good enough". (We got quite an education on the importance of quality landscaping "soil" after mistakenly referring to it as "dirt"!)
I think it's clear how happy we are with
I did not shop around for this service - felt this was a fair price for the work involved. The outlet was installed in a 2nd floor apartment and had to drop all the way to the circuit breaker box in the basement. Of course in an old house like this nothing lined up but he was very careful and it went very smoothly. Looks great and is positioned perfectly for new media center fireplace.
For the outside light fixture he brought two different kinds so I would have options - installation went well and I love my new light!
He was very knowledgeable and answered any questions thoroughly. He arrived right on time, and I had rec'd a phone call that he would be there within the hour both days, and he arrived well within the time frame.
They responded to every concern I raised and bent over backward to make things right. The problem was that almost every part of the job had to be done over and over again.
1.Tear down went without any problem. Was completed on time. They cleaned up all their garbage and left the items I asked them to behind.
2. Plumbing was done without any issue.
3. Ductwork/HVAC Ductwork had to be redone several times because of appearance. I wanted the soffits as small as possible
and they initially installed large rigid ducts that couldn't be
The make up return air unit couldn't be installed by the HVAC person they used although they asked him to review the unit and installation before it was ordered.
4.Carpentry. The base cabinets had to be reinstalled twice. The first time was because they were not raised high enough to accommodate the new floor. The second time was because the cabinets were not level and the stone countertop couldn't be installed. The crown molding over two of the cabinets is currently loose and pulling away from the ceiling. The floor trim looks good. Some areas are loose.
5. Stone counters were done by someone I hired that is not affiliated with
6. Flooring was also done by a company not affiliated with
7. The painting and trim was done by a subcontractor through
The walls were initially done very nicely. The damage done after they were painted had to be spackled, drywalled and repaired.
The walls never looked good after the damage was repaired. The paint and walls are now irregular and patchy. Really looks poor with the light at night. I am disappointed. It was nice but the constant "redo" work on the soffits, electric and caulking ruined the walls and the subsequent paint job.
8. Electric work was poor until they brought in an electrician.. They had carpenters do the wiring and hook up the switches and nothing worked properly. They came back to "fix" it several times and caused the damage to the walls that ruined the paint job. Finally they called the electrician who made everything work properly and also found an ungrounded plug which he grounded. ( I didn't know why my ground fault protector kept kicking in and cutting the power.) The light fixture installation was without issue.
9. Patio door. Installation of the door into the wall seems okay. The door hardware and screen installation was terrible. Couldn't understand why the door wouldn't latch, why the screen door was "off" and why the lock didn't look or feel right. The screen door was upside down and the door hardware was not installed properly. It had to be redone. One of the door hardware installers gouged and scraped my brand new cabinets.
11 Black silicone caulk was applied between counter and wall. It was sloppy and smeared. They agreed to remove and repaint. Removing the silicon (in
We accepted his proposal and he began work shortly thereafter. His team was able to fiinish the project in a day and that evening we were able to enjoy our wonderful “light show.”
There were a couple of things we felt needed tweeking and he came out as happily the second time as he did the first time to address our concerns.
All the personnel associated with the company are pleasant and helpful and know their product. I woud not hesitate to reommend
It has been several months since Clover was here, but when I called them last week to help me figure out why my dishwasher was shutting down mid-stream, they sent a service rep. to my home the same day to double check the GFI outlet that was being affected and at no charge. That's commendable."
All Lighting Companies in Cleveland, OH
Chagrin Falls, OH