Access to trusted reviews, the best Flooring Installers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Chicago Flooring Articles
Flooring reviews in Chicago
The workers showed up on time and did a great job installing the carpet, and they were the least hassle of any of the contractors that I have used in the past few weeks.
The installation crew did a very good job overall. There were a few areas in the corners of the rooms that could have used a little extra pushing down, but it was fast and they did not leave a mess. They did a nice job at the transition points from carpeting to the threshold of a room.
The overall experience was a good one and I feel more comfortable with this company than with some of the larger companies that are advertised. The pricing is very fair and there were no surprise add-ons.
Even the delivery company delivering our new patio furniture called half hour early to let me know that they were running behind and gave an approximate estimate of their arrival.
We didn't even get that courtesy call from
The reason that I graded punctuality "B" was because
I get a call on Friday morning from He didn't want to reschedule and asked me to send him some pictures.
Prior to sending out my pics, I explained to him my problem over the phone. I live in a condo and my fridge leaked and messed up the harwdwood floor in my kitchen and hallway. The boards were cupped and there were gaps in between the boards. He said I would have to re-sand all my floors in my entire condo! I asked if there were any alternatives because I would rather not re-sand my entire floor and have some cosmetic issues (Non-matching boards) as long as the hardwood floors were flat.
He asked what my square footage was, I told him and then gave me an estimate of $4,000 without looking at pictures or giving me any alternatives in service. I told him that I would rather have non-matching boards as opposed to re-sanding the entire condo and moving all my furniture around from room to room. I asked him to come out to my place, like we had agreed upon and give me some options on fixing the issue as an alternative to re-sanding my entire condo.
He told me to figure out the square footage of the problem are and let him know! I told him that is his job and to give me his professional opinion of what needs to be fixed and a real estimate.
He then preceded to tell me that fixes this all the time and that it costs him $50 to do an estimate every time. I told him how in the world he gets any jobs if he is not willing to come out to look at the issue and diagnose the problem and give options on how to fix the damage.
Oh one more thing, he said if I sent the pictures to him, he wouldnt get a
Takeaways from this business:
1) it is not worth their time to come out and look at jobs that are preceived as small
2) gives the highest estimate possible without looking at problem
3) waste of his time to give an estimate.
Pretty terrible if you ask me..
Was a little late o the day of the work because of very bad weather and resulting traffic, but kept me informed the entire trip in to the city. work. I was told that "no one" could fully restore the terrible CLR damage I had on my bath vanity--only that it could be "improved". But it's perfect. Every spot of water etching is gone, the damage is invisible and it's a clear gloss finish. I feel like I have a completely remodeled master bath--what a difference the polishing makes! And there's not a speck of mess anywhere. They did a perfect job cleaning up, which to me is just as important as the work they did.
He completely abandoned the job just days into the job, he was nowhere to be found and left our family (we have a very young daughter) in a construction zone in the middle of the winter. It took us months to clean up the mess and we are still dealing with so many issues he left behind it is not even funny. Let me list a few just to describe the INCOMPETENCE and LACK OF PROFESSIONALISM:
- He used UNTRAINED professionals to do some of the plumbing to squeeze in some more money for himself. We had to re-do pretty much everything they did as when a real plumber took a look he was amazed at the poor job they did. We had to spend a ton of money to re-build everything
- He completely abandoned the job site leaving behind tools, materials, garbage, etc that we had to store in our small place for months, he did not even have to courage to pick them up himself.
- RIPPED THE BALCONY WITHOUT ASKING PERMISSION. We came home one day and the balcony deck was gone, no questions asked. This is an expensive job he was basically trying to get for himself on top of what he was doing and he could not even finish the original one!!!!! CONMAN is the only way to describe him.
- He INSULTED AND YELLED AT MY WIFE over the phone and used the F-WORD against me for no reason and DROVE AT FULL SPEED NEAR A SCHOOL when driving off.
- He tried to install in-floor heating and it never worked, we now have to rip up the floor and change everything.
- He tried to do some electrical work himself and lights around the house randomly flicker and nobody can figure out what the heck he did to cause such a massive problem, our appliances keep burning out and the bills keep piling up.
- We even try to make him whole sending him a check for the work he did before abandoning the job site and what did he do? HE PUT A
This guy is a DELINQUENT, please KEEP MILES AWAY or you will get burned as we did, SHAME ON HIM, he is a DISGRACE FOR HIS PROFESSION.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Flooring Installers in Chicago, IL
Mount Prospect, IL
Tinley Park, IL
Morton Grove, IL
Arlington Heights, IL
Franklin Park, IL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Chicago.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center