Access to trusted reviews, the best Deck Builders and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Chicago Deck Building Articles
Deck Building reviews in Chicago
I called (on Angie's List) was super slow in getting back to me, meaning months and months. I wanted a detailed proposal so I could present it to my neighbors for approval. Our deck was very shaky and dangerous and was 50 years old.
My wife and I were having a baby and tons of things on our mind, so we wanted this done especially since baby's room off back of building where work was to be done.
The deck looked fantastic and felt solid as they only use the best wood. All to code and passed city inspection with flying colors. There were a few minor adjustments needed right after work was done and they were handled right away.
We could not be more happy with
2. Day of the appt - I called into my scheduled time frame and was told that he should be there within the time frame. The hour comes and goes - I call back and now I'm told that he came by and saw the space and will be sending me a quote within 24 hours. I asked how does he know what I want since we have never talked about the scope of the project.
3. 72 hours later - i received the proposal and he quoted the pricing on my replacing my existing deck vs what I was looking to do. I wanted to remove my exisiting deck and replace it with a large deck (13x17). He missed the opportunity for a larger project.
Needless to say - I will not be using them as i found the entire process with this company unprofessional. How do you provide a quote when you haven't spoken to the homeowner about the scope of work - is my only question.
started the next day! Unheard of, if you ask me.
The job was completed in about two days and
We highly highly recommend them
While the pricing was competitive, my follow up questions after receiving the quote were never answered. Ultimately I was fed up with the lack of communication and went with another provider.
We think we're the best, and we can prove it.
Try an annual plan and if you want to cancel in your first year, we'll refund you 110%
Annual Plans Only
All Deck Builders in Chicago, IL
Downers Grove, IL
Mount Prospect, IL
Tinley Park, IL
Downers Grove, IL
Wood Dale, IL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Chicago.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center