Access to trusted reviews, the best Remodeling Contractors and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Boston Home Remodeling Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Boston Remodeling Contractors Reviews
We had a design for our project and we received several estimates from different providers. From the outset, came in somewhere in the middle of the price ranges, but he provided more work. Most importantly, he took his time and inspected our property thoroughly. He spent about 5 hours with us before we had paid him anything and he went over each piece of the project. We looked at all of the contingencies for different aspects of the work. This allowed him to stay right on his estimate! This was hugely important for us, as the project was near the top of our budget.
Once the work commenced,
The only con I can think of is minor. I would say
We already have a few things in mind that we can't wait to bring
Before I started the process I was very nervous I was not going to be able to get everything done but
I would recommend
1) They know their business. During our initial walk through, Nick identified and described changes needed to bring the unit up to code, along with ways to address noise concerns. He always presented suggestions and options with information that would help us make decisions that we would be comfortable with. His cost and work estimates were very close to final tallies.
2) They are good communicators. He and the project lead,
3) They are easy to work with / flexible. They adjusted their schedule multiple times to accommodate our schedule (holiday plans, etc.) and external dependencies (work by other contractors for the condo building).
4) They do high quality work, wanted us to be happy with final results. And we are very happy!
11/27 - I respond to email asking for a revision for a change to the job; no response
12/11 - I send another email asking if
12/11 - responds that he's confused with the request
12/11 - I respond with clarification of the change request; no response
12/18 - I call and leave voicemail for
12/21 - I call and leave a second voicemail for
Mr. done on my living/dining space to a minimum, and he did fine finish-carpentry work on the trim and French doors. He was unwilling to use the doors that a custom shop would have provided because they were unwilling to include a significant feature (rabbeting), so he himself built the doors in his own shop. That kind of dedication to quality was evident throughout.
Downsides: As with all small contracting operations, his was doing other jobs at the same time, so the job was not done as soon as I might have liked, although the critical (and disruptive) work was done in one fell swoop. His assistants are competent, but not up to his own level, so the painting and spackling work was not at the A level of the (much harder and more essential) carpentry work that he did himself. If your job is not primarily a finish-carpentry job but primarily a painting job, look for an outfit where the lead person is a painter. (
exacting. (You should see our crown molding! - not a
But the reason we hired him was that, beside his reasonable bid, he has a wonderful "eye" and tremendous ideas. (Outward opening French doors... Gorgeous wood trim to cover our load-bearing room dividing beam.)
Everyone who comes here now is truly blown away by the difference this has made in our apt. (now 1300sf).
I check his references before I hire him and they were stellar. I cannot recommend
All Remodeling Contractors in Boston, MA