Dear Angie: How much can I expect to pay to have my wood fireplace converted to gas? Our house is about 30 years old. The bottom of the fireplace looks like it's easily accessed through the basement. The conversion would involve running 30 to 50 feet of gas line. — Thomas M., Cincinnati, Ohio
Find Top-Rated Boston Chimney Sweeps
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Chimney Sweeps to Avoid
Top Rated Chimney Sweeps
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 6,129 reviews for
Boston Chimney Sweeps from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Chimney Sweeps and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Boston
By avoiding the busy fall season you can schedule chimney cleaning at your convenience … and maybe save some cash.
Thirty seconds is the length of most television commercials. It’s also the length of time it takes for a fire to get out of control in your home.
No, that's not Santa coming down the chimney - it's a wild animal!
Chimney Sweeping reviews in Boston
I was even willing to wait at first, but then she explained that since our house is so tall (5 stories), it might take a lot longer to find someone who had a ladder that tall!?! I explained to her that in all the years we owned the house we've had our chimney cleaned every year and never once did somebody go onto the roof. She insisted that the ONLY way to clean a chimney was from the roof. When I explained to her that our usual chimney sweep always did it from the fireplace-upwards and provided a video of the chimney walls she changed her tune to: "Well, we don't do video."
I'm no chimney expert, but I know a soot and debris-free wall when I see one. And it seems to me she was either covering the company's backside because they have older technology or she legitimately didn't understand how it works. In any case this company is clearly busy enough not to worry about convenience of their customers. Good for them. I cancelled immediately and went back to our usual chimney sweep.”
He inspected the chimney and then performed the chimney sweep service.
Everything went smoothly. As he was leaving, he gave me a few tips about using our fireplace and other ideas for safe usage.
I'd highly recommend using this company.
Cost of service is $175 but I had a $20 Angie's List coupon.
Chimney Sweeps in Boston
Shop Local Chimney Sweeping Services in Boston
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Boston.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center