Access to trusted reviews, the best Lumber Stores and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Baltimore Home Improvement Store Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Baltimore Lumber Stores Reviews
A few minutes later, another employee arrived and proceeded to help us to the tune of $840.00. While we were checking out, he asked if we were taking the purchase with us or if we wanted it delivered. We stated that we could not fit a 150 pound cabinet into our car and asked how much
We called a few days prior to pick up to make 100% sure that everything was in stock and were told that it was. On 9-11-12, our contactor arrived at 9:30 a.m. and began to remove the old cabinet. At 10:00 a.m., I called the Route 40 store to inform them that our contractor was on his way. Again,
· At 10:15,
· At 10:30, our contractor called to tell us the same information.
· I called the store in order to speak to a manager; only to be told by
· The same result was experienced for a few more calls.
· My contractor called me to say he was calling the
· I then called my contractor to tell him NOT to purchase the order and to go back to Route 40 to get the order there.
· The contractor finally brought the cabinet and other materials to us only to discover that the bathroom vanity had been damaged prior to his picking up the order.
· The contractor went to
· Our contractor bought another vanity at
and returned to our home to work on the rest of the project.
· Throughout this ordeal, I made several more attempts to contact
· After the new vanity was installed, our contractor told us that a drawer was not secured to the rollers and he’d have to get some small screws to affix the drawer to the frame. Keep in mind, that this was at 8:30 P.M. the unit was already installed and that returning it at this point in time was out of the question.
· Our contractor had to charge us for 10 hours of his time for a job that would have taken him between 3 to 4 hours had everything been made available to him when he initially went to the Route 40 store. Keep in mind, that the job is NOT completed as the medicine cabinet still needs to be installed and some other minor work needs to be completed which will no doubt ADD more labor time to our final bill.
This experience has left us with the impression that
· Does NOT care about their customers (the initial impression I got when speaking to employees about the mix up).
· Has extremely weak in store communication (employees SHOULD be allowed to “bother” a manager during a customer related crisis).
· Does NOT train their employees in the mind frame of: the customer is our #1 priority (is disturbing the manager MORE important than a customer’s problem?).
· Has NO command of its current in store inventory (we do NOT have the items we told you we did…oh wait…here it is).
· Have employees with questionable integrity (I will deliver it to you for $75.00).
DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT MAKING ANY MAJOR PURCHASE AT THIS STORE!!
They showed up promptly but were lackluster workers. They estimated 5 loads and started but the called to say it was more like 7 loads. The seven loads which is less than 20 yards of debris should cost 1050.00 plus fuel surcharge. We stopped them 2/3 of the way through because the price was crazy high. They left the path from the yard to the truck a mess. we had to ask them to clean up again and it is still a mess. I still have bags of trash and I'm out $ 792.00. Make sure they give you a hard estimate before they do any work"
The carpet installation went better; however, the installers barely spoke english and is was difficult to communicate with them.
Also, this company is no longer at Yellow Brick Road. I also believe "
All Lumber Stores in Baltimore , MD
Mount Airy, MD
Bel Air, MD
Ellicott City, MD
Glen Burnie, MD
Bel Air, MD
Glen Burnie, MD