Access to trusted reviews, the best Firewood Providers and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Baltimore Firewood Service Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Baltimore Firewood Providers Reviews
Only use if you can afford to sit at home by the phone in hopes that he will show up at some point.
1. The actual guys (2) who brought and stacked the firewood were outstanding. One of them, who I really interacted and seemed to be the more senior of the 2 (
2. They said they would come Sunday, they did, they delivered. They called me back a few times. At one point in the communications I felt frustrated and thought it was a waste of my time, but then they called me back and made it happen. I was particularly happy, as I ran out of firewood just that morning, so I was perfectly fine.
3. I was hesitating where I should put the wood quality. Finally I decided to put it among the "PROS", after I actually burnt some tonight. At first I was hesitant to make the call, because the wood quality was their top selling point ("95% hardwood") and when I looked, it was certainly less dry than the load I just finished, cut in very long pieces (doesn't fit into my smaller
4. Price. Definitely a PRO. Out agreement was initially $475, but they asked an extra $25 b/c some car parked in front of my house and when they gave me the estimate they assumed it would be clear. But even at $500, it is an incredible price (for a truckload of good quality firewood, stacked up -by 2 guys working more than 1/2 of Sunday, with delivery.
5. Overall, even though I would have appreciated email (as explained below), I am putting their communication to the PROS list.
1. No email communication.
2. Receipt was rather low tech.
3. I have to say that I was getting frustrated during the process of their trying to figure out what it takes for them to stack. We were going through Google Maps (satellite), while I was trying to explain my yard, but then they went off line and looking at off line images of the wrong house wasn't helping me explain the situation. Actually, while I generally appreciate thoroughness, I would have been fine with whatever their higher estimate was, to move on, as spending 1/2 hour on the phone, apparently accomplishing nothing, wasn't my idea of spend my time. That's when I felt I was just going to drop the whole thing, but they called me back later and verified that they found my house and got the picture. Again, this could have been done by 2 emails, in which I provide the link to my house on Google Maps and whatever question they have could have been easily handled by email.
4. The fact they asked for extra $ is not exactly professional, although not a big deal, really. Again, if they told me $550 to start, instead of the $475 that had to be upped post-fact, I would have been fine. Again, this is not a big deal, because even then I came out much better than expected."
All Firewood Providers in Baltimore , MD
Lutherville Timonium, MD
Ellicott City, MD
Mt Airy, MD
Severna Park, MD
Prince Frederick, MD
West Friendship, MD