Wondering how to pick and store firewood that burns clean and well? Check out these tips on selecting and storing firewood.
Access to trusted reviews, the best Firewood Providers and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Baltimore
Now that the weather is turning cold, many homeowners may be ready to light up their fireplaces. But before striking the match, there are some safety tips they need to know.
Firewood Service reviews in Baltimore
1. The actual guys (2) who brought and stacked the firewood were outstanding. One of them, who I really interacted and seemed to be the more senior of the 2 (
2. They said they would come Sunday, they did, they delivered. They called me back a few times. At one point in the communications I felt frustrated and thought it was a waste of my time, but then they called me back and made it happen. I was particularly happy, as I ran out of firewood just that morning, so I was perfectly fine.
3. I was hesitating where I should put the wood quality. Finally I decided to put it among the "PROS", after I actually burnt some tonight. At first I was hesitant to make the call, because the wood quality was their top selling point ("95% hardwood") and when I looked, it was certainly less dry than the load I just finished, cut in very long pieces (doesn't fit into my smaller
4. Price. Definitely a PRO. Out agreement was initially $475, but they asked an extra $25 b/c some car parked in front of my house and when they gave me the estimate they assumed it would be clear. But even at $500, it is an incredible price (for a truckload of good quality firewood, stacked up -by 2 guys working more than 1/2 of Sunday, with delivery.
5. Overall, even though I would have appreciated email (as explained below), I am putting their communication to the PROS list.
1. No email communication.
2. Receipt was rather low tech.
3. I have to say that I was getting frustrated during the process of their trying to figure out what it takes for them to stack. We were going through Google Maps (satellite), while I was trying to explain my yard, but then they went off line and looking at off line images of the wrong house wasn't helping me explain the situation. Actually, while I generally appreciate thoroughness, I would have been fine with whatever their higher estimate was, to move on, as spending 1/2 hour on the phone, apparently accomplishing nothing, wasn't my idea of spend my time. That's when I felt I was just going to drop the whole thing, but they called me back later and verified that they found my house and got the picture. Again, this could have been done by 2 emails, in which I provide the link to my house on Google Maps and whatever question they have could have been easily handled by email.
4. The fact they asked for extra $ is not exactly professional, although not a big deal, really. Again, if they told me $550 to start, instead of the $475 that had to be upped post-fact, I would have been fine. Again, this is not a big deal, because even then I came out much better than expected.”
All Firewood Providers in Baltimore , MD
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Baltimore .
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center