Dear Angie: Should I hire an independent home inspector to look over a newly built tract home? — Deborah D. of Renton, Washington
Find Top-Rated Asheville Home Inspectors
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Home Inspectors to Avoid
Top Rated Home Inspectors
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 4,940 reviews for
Asheville Home Inspectors from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Moore Home Services
A Healthier Home
BioTek Environmental Inc
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Home Inspectors and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Asheville
Buying a home is one of the biggest decisions you will make in your lifetime.
When it comes to increasing a home's value, all remodels are not created equal — and neither are all markets. Find out which updates offer the best ROI.
When homeowners encounter shoddy DIY work, experts advise focusing on important fixes for HVAC, electrical, plumbing and roofs.
Todd's Home Services
San Antonio, TX
Todd's Home Services
Are the heat pumps Package or Split System?
Are there actually 33 PTAC units?
Are you an EPA certified person( refrigerant )?
Here is my suggestion, break it down into manageable portions(ie one heat pump and a few PTAC units every other month) to keep from being overloaded.
Check/inspect electrical wiring and connections
Check amperage draw of compressors/motors
Check capacitance of start and run capacitors
Check contractors/relays for wear/pitting
Check refrigerant levels and record superheated/subcooling
Check external static pressures across air handler(s)
Check deltaT (return and supply air temps)
Lubricate motors( if applicable)
Inspect Belts/Pulleys( if applicable)
Clean outdoor coils
Clean indoor coils
Start there and HAVE FUN!!!
Home Inspecting reviews in Asheville
I greatly appreciated his time and expertise about the home and its 'needs'.
I felt like he provided a very thorough and balanced overview of the findings which allowed me to weigh the pros and cons of purchasing. I found the process easy, staff professional, and the service prompt and thorough.
He provided good information when he came out the first time. I was provided the different options for my house including the possible problems that can be encountered.
The area was in a snow storm the day he was supposed to come work, and he notified me in advance that it was unlikely he would be able to make our appointment. He came in anyway after the roads turned out to not be as bad as predicted.
During the install we discussed potential paths for routing the exhaust pipe, and his assistant provided the best idea which we ended up going with. I was very happy with the engagement on the issue which would have an effect on my use of the garage.
Overall I was very pleased. He was professional the entire time and I would easily recommend him to anyone.
I strongly recommend
All Home Inspectors in Asheville
East Flat Rock
Shop Local Home Inspecting Services in Asheville
- Remodeling ContractorsMoore Home ServicesMember Price$39 $279VIEW
- Mold RemediatorsBioTek Environmental IncMember Price$250 $425VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Asheville .
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center