Granite countertops can be a great addition to your home. One highly rated provider shares tips for how to choose the right color of granite for your kitchen.
Find Top-Rated Albany Natural Stone Tile
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Natural Stone Tile to Avoid
Top Rated Natural Stone Tile
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 637 reviews for
Albany Natural Stone Tile from people just like you.
Shop, Search and Save from anywhere!
- Offers are exclusively provided by highly rated companies
- Angie’s List members have access to exclusive discounts on local services
- Shop, schedule, and stay on top of progress from any device
- Our 30 Day Refund Guarantee means you can buy with confidence!
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Natural Stone Tile and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Albany
Don't take the first bid for granted. Talking to a smaller contractor saved this homeowner money and landed him beautiful stone counters.
Contractors say homeowners with this trait are the most satisfied with home improvement projects.
An experts contributor explains the pros and cons of installing porcelain tile and marble tile in your home and how to decide which is best for your space.
Artificial (quartz) is cheaper, more uniform, has fewer voids to collect dirt, and is almost as abrasion and chip resistant.
Granite is more expensive, stains and collects dirt a little easier as a rule, and is slighly more chip resistant as a rule.
For durability, I would not rate one over the other - barring a 250 lb guy hopping up on it and cracking it, either is likely to outlive you. Selection is typically based on appearance - quartz tends to be more uniform looking and does not always do a good job of simulating the veining and variations that natural stone has.
Now some of the man made stone counters rival the real granite and othe stones without the maintainence of stone. There are many of them out there and it is more a choice of looks than anything else. Corian is still a strong choice of tops today and one advantage is it can be repaired when scratched on site. If you don't mind the maintainence you can't beat the looks of real stone though unless you need a few pieces to make up the top as the graining may be hard to match up. I am impressed though at how realistic some of the man made products have become. It is more an issue of what brand are available in your area. Most all are made the same way with crushed stone and basically an epoxy binder used to make the sheets.
Marble And Granite reviews in Albany
All Natural Stone Tile in Albany
Shop Local Marble And Granite Services in Albany
- Unique Furniture MakersHomemade DesignMember Price$995 $2045VIEW
- Unique Furniture MakersHomemade DesignMember Price$239 $349VIEW
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Albany.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center