Find Top-Rated Albany Auto Transport Companies
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Auto Transport Companies to Avoid
Top Rated Auto Transport Companies
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Over 3 million people trust Angie's List to help make the right choice
- Be informed to avoid costly mistakes
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 2,673 reviews for
Albany Auto Transport Companies from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Auto Transport Companies and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Albany
Buying a new car is a big investment. Researching your available options will make you a better consumer.
If you don't plan to drive your car to your new residence, you'll need a vehicle-moving company. There are several ways to transport your car like hiring a driver or professional auto moving service, or shipping by freight.
Check your owner's manual, making sure to look up the exact model you have. May also show on the nameplate - usually on driver's side door or door jamb. Read up on passenger/cargo effect too, because the "rated" capacity is with no cargo and only a normal (I think they use 150#) driver.
Quick web search showed rated from 1500-4000# towing capacity and tongue weights from 150-400# depending on model and if has towing package - so you would have to check tongue weight and total trailer weight, but a 700# travel trailer (assuming that is total weight, not empty) certainly is likely to be viable. What it can handle safely also depends on what else in in the vehicle and where it is located with respect to the rear axle - so if all the seats are filled with adults for instance, your towing capacity may go to zero.
My recommendation, especially if travelling at highway speeds or long distance, is never exceed 75% or rated trailer load. Also - read up on tongue weight and what it does for handling and vehicle steering ability, so you get it right - too much and you risk tralier hitch failure, rear tire overloading, and poor steering because too much weight is off the front end. Too little and the trailer will tend to "hunt" - swerve back and forth.
Auto Transport reviews in Albany
I became concerned when the shipper did not arrive on the agreed upon date. Then, when calling to discuss dates,
Interestingly enough, the final excuse for the incompetence of
No, it isn't the taxi industry. Taxi drivers are professionals.
There is no doubt what the contract says. However, when
Their word is meaningless when they misrepresent the facts to your customers.
Their comments to my review (yes, I gave them an opportunity to comment) was that they did nothing wrong. Technically, that is true, they did nothing illegal. But, if you are in need of the services that this organization provides, why
don't CALL ANYONE BUT
Call or email me if you want additional info on my experience ”
The driver called me the day before arriving, and again when he was about 45 minutes out. On the delivery day he again called me the day before and again when he was about 45 min away. He picked up my cars at my home in
- The shipper they found (Rising Star Transport) was professional, courteous, and knew his job.
- The price was great, since this is a broker - would have been more expensive dealing directly with a shipper.
- Once the quote was accepted, the communication was a little light as far as what shipper and when the pickup would be. Very few brokers guarantee a pickup date, but it would be nice to know at least an approximate date. In my case, I was in a hurry and was already shopping around for other shippers almost two days later when I was notified by Executive that they had found someone.
To be fair, this was a last-minute purchase and I did not have a lot of lead time to give to Executive. My car was sitting at a dealer and they were storing it for me as a favor, so I needed it out of there quickly. For anyone looking to move a car quickly, working with an independent hauler would probably be quicker and more exact. However, if you have at least a week of lead time and some flexibility, I'd recommend
Auto Transport Companies in Albany
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Albany.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center