6 tips to hire the best stamped concrete contractor
Are you looking to dress up your driveway, walkway or patio? Consider stamped concrete as a decorative option. It's poured just like regular concrete, but patterns and textures are added before the concrete dries and it can be shaped to resemble brick, wood or slate. Color can also be added to enhance the look.
Angie’s List tips for hiring the best contractor for stamped concrete projects.
- Make sure the contractor you hire specializes in stamped concrete because it involves special tools and training. Ask the contractor what experience he has with pouring decorative concrete.
- Research a contractor’s past work: Ask to speak to a client who had work done 1-2 years ago so you can see how the concrete has held up.
- Design ideas for your driveway and patio are endless. Provide the contractor with a picture of what you're considering.
- Ask about the removal of existing concrete, base preparation, thickness of the concrete, costs, timeline, and follow-up.
- Homeowners should remember that weather is the number one factor that all concrete contractors face. Sometimes jobs take longer due to weather delays. Ask about backup plans, should the project get delayed.
- What maintenance is required? Concrete generally lasts 10 - 20 years and requires less maintenance than most other paving materials. Sealing every couple of years may be required depending on its usage.