Top 5 questions to ask a Dallas plumbing service
Consumers can help themselves and their pipes by becoming familiar with some common plumbing issues, such as debris blocking the vent stack on a roof, says Tiffany Schuster, office manager for highly rated Rodger’s Plumbing in Dallas.
“If you hold your thumb over the top of a straw when you remove it from a cup, the liquid stays in the straw,” Schuster says. “The same thing is happening to your pipes.”
David Crow, general manager of the highly rated Benjamin Franklin Plumbing franchise in Arlington, Texas, says plumbers in Dallas should be aware of common problems such as slab leaks and attic-installed water heaters.
To ensure your plumbing job goes as smoothly as possible, Crow and Schuster recommend asking your plumber these questions:
- Are you licensed, and if so, what kind of license do you hold?
- What kind of experience do you have with my specific plumbing problem?
- How familiar are you with local codes in this municipality? Will my job require a permit?
- Are you familiar with the current products on the market for my situation, such as environmentally friendly water heaters or polyurethane pipes for slab leaks?
- What kind of guarantee or warranty do you offer for your services, and how do you back it up?