Remodel your Chicago home for less
Are you thinking about remodeling your Chicago home but don’t feel you have the funds to cover the project? Fortunately, there are several cost effective projects that can spruce up your home without clearing out the bank account.
Whether you live in a high rise inside the Magnificent Mile, or in a townhouse in Wicker Park, a remodeling project can breathe new life into your home and even increase its value.
Here are some budget-friendly home remodeling ideas:
- Paint: There’s nothing like a new tint to update a room’s look. A fresh coat of paint can completely transform a room without warranting an expensive bill. Painting is also relatively easy and can be completed without hiring a service provider.
- Crown molding and/or chair rails: Give your room a more finished look by placing molding near the ceiling or chair rails on walls or doors to create interest. Moldings come in natural wood or composites that are easier to manipulate.
- Kitchen sink and faucet: If the cabinets are still good but the sink is unsightly, now might be a good time to replace it. This simple remodel can immediately give your kitchen a fresh look.
- High-efficiency toilet: Replace the toilet with a dual-flush model that has separate functions for eliminating liquid waste or solid waste.
- Kitchen island: If there’s too much floor space and too little counter space, a kitchen island may be the perfect solution. A reputable contractor can build everything from a simple, yet functional island to a highly customized addition to handle multiple functions.
- Tile: Replace the builder’s carpet in the bathroom or give your kitchen some style with a new backsplash. The smallest addition can really spice up a room.
Remember, it’s always important to get three written estimates before hiring a contractor or service provider. Angie’s List has reviews on hundreds of highly rated remodeling companies in the Chicago area.