Party Rental Tips, Party Equipment | Angies List, Angie's List
8 tips to get the best deal on party rental equipment:
- Do your research: Call at least 3 rental facilities to compare prices. Visit each facility to inspect their equipment in person. Ask about delivery, pick-up times, and deposits. Check to see whether their employees will set up and take down your equipment, and what the cost will be. Are there repair fees if you return an item that’s damaged?
- Know your audience: Tables and chairs are easy decisions. For other party rentals, make sure they fit your audience. A bounce house may be too much for very young children and boring for those approaching their teenage years. A karaoke set-up may be great for all ages.
- The early bird throws the best party: The sooner you place your rental equipment, the better. Even if you do not know the exact guest count, it’s best to place your order and make adjustments as needed.
- Elbow room: If you want to rent a bounce house AND have an outdoor party, be sure you have enough room for the house and room for your guests to mingle, eat and do other fun activities.
- Stay in the loop: As with any vendor, confirm your reservations several times throughout your planning process. Notify them immediately of any changes.
- Fair weather or foul: If you’re having an outdoor event, consider renting a tent to cover you in case of unexpected rain. If its heat you’re escaping, be sure to position the tent to provide shade where needed. Consider renting side panels (these may cost extra) to block the sun, rain or wind.
- Obstacle course: If the rental equipment company will be setting up the items for your party, clear the area and all driveways and walkways so installation is easy.
Money-saving tip: Since most items rent for the weekend, coordinate your rental with neighbors or friends. For example, you could use the rentals on Saturday and your neighbor on Sunday. It’s easy to share tents, tables and chairs.