How to clean in tight corners and spaces
A Los Angeles house cleaning company can help make your house look spotless – just in time for the holidays. Angie’s List has ratings and reviews on more than 1,300 companies in the area. Sign in for exclusive access to company ratings and reviews from members in your neighborhood.
One task you’ll want your house cleaners to take care of is cleaning in corners of every room, something that is often overlooked by self-cleaning homeowners. If you’re looking to do some thorough cleaning in your corners:
• Use a toothbrush and clean water. A toothbrush is particularly efficient for cleaning the right corners of furniture around the house.
• Use a paint stirrer and a piece of light cotton cloth. This is more efficient when cleaning right corners for parts of machineries around the house, such as car body corners.
• If the cleaning entails dusting, then you can improvise a special tool that conforms to the corner of the surface and attach a piece of cloth on it. Try a T-square, so long as it's not the same one used for minor construction purposes around the house.
• Use canned air. This is very ideal especially for corner spaces of electronics and related surfaces.
• Some vacuum cleaners are small enough with brushes that can penetrate the tight spaces and corners. However, these are only suitable for floor corners, and you also have to take precaution not to scrub the surfaces with the vacuum cleaner brush.
• Other sharp objects like knives can also be very efficient in penetrating the right corners. Just wrap a piece of light cloth material around and squeeze the knife along the corners.
• Use brushes with long bristles that can scrub the corners.