5 carpet cleaning tips
Submitted by MaryAnn Waddell of Carpet Works
Keep your carpet clean using these easy-to-follow steps.
- Always take off your shoes at the door.
- Be sure to keep a rug at all the entrances of the home or business.
- Vacuum at least three times a week.
- Never use soap or any type of bleaching agent to clean a spot. Just blot and call a professional.They know which cleaning agents to use for the appropriate spot or stain. By cleaning yourself, you might set the stain.
- Get your carpet stretched if it's showing signs of being loose. A loose carpet will wear faster because the fibers overlap and rub together with the dirt buried in them, which acts like sand paper.
As of July 7, 2011, Carpet Works was a highly rated service provider on Angie’s List. Ratings are subject to change based on consumer feedback, so check AngiesList.com for the most up-to-date reviews. The views expressed by this author do not necessarily reflect those of Angie’s List.